• To expose people to whom Hans was and what the HSMF is about.
• To create awareness for another people group that we will be visiting.
• Experience the universal language of skiing and mountains.
• Communicate the power and beauty of ski mountaineering, specifically
to the younger generation of skiers.
• Explore a region with skis.
• To make new friends.
• Mt. Shkhara 5200M (17060ft), Central Caucasus
• To explore the ski mountaineering possibilities in the Svaneti region
near the village of Ushguli (highest village in Europe).
• To investigate how we may help the newly formed Svaneti
Mountaineering Tourism Center.
• To expose people to the Hans Saari Memorial Fund and to
communicate the principles on which it was founded.